Sailboat winch is necessary device for anchoring, mooring and towing ship.
- Sail winches mainly include three types, anchor marine winch, mooring winch and towing winch.
- Customers can choose suitable type according to practical requirements.
- All these marine winches have compact system, high efficiency and anticorrosion material.
Ellsen, a professional marine windlass supplier in China, provides sailboat winches for sale, such as offshore winches, deck winch, electric cable winch, electric trailer winch, marine drum winch, small boat winch, drum anchor winch for sale, electric anchor winches for boats, capstan winch, double drum mooring winch, hydraulic mooring winch, electric towing winch etc.
Want to save energy and winch cost? Want to improve working condition? Ellsen winch is wonderful choice!
Just purchase ideal winch from Ellsen now!
Load capacity: 1 ton – 200 ton
Drum capacity: 100m- 2000m
Speed: 5m/min – 15 m/min
No. of drum: double
Drive type: electric, hydraulic or diesel
Get a Free Quote
Pay attention to daily check work of sailboat winch
First is anchor. Check weariness and deformation of anchor shackle, and loose condition of horizontal pin. Pay attention to bend condition, flexibility and angle of flukes. When lifting anchor, make sure that no sundries hung on the flukes.
Second is anchor chain. Use left anchor and right anchor by turns, make sure the cable mark clear, check whether link and shackle have crack, deformation, weariness and loose condition. Check whether the swivel is flexible.
Third is windlass. Operate it based on procedures, check the brake condition, increase oil and have a test before using the machine, increase oil for clutch to ensure flexible operation, pay attention to the weary condition of sprocket gear and worm.
Fourth is chain stopper. Lubricate for friction part, other parts should be painted with antirust paint. Check firm condition of connecting part between base and deck.
Fifth is cable releaser. Check the condition of hand-wheel shield, rotate the parts and make lubrication.
What are regular maintenance work of sailboat windlass?
- First is anchor, check the appearance, the weight of anchor can’t exceed 20% of original weight of anchor. If the anchor is damaged, repair or replace it timely.
- Second is anchor chain. Pull all anchor chain out on the deck, clean the dirt, rust and paint. Check the crack. Knock every link and shackle with hammer, listen to the sound and make sure whether it is ringing. Check the deformation. Measure the length of link and shackle, the length of stud-link is more than 7% of original length, the length of link or shackle is more than 8% of original length, it can’t be used again. Check the weariness. Check connecting parts of links and friction part of chain and hawse pipe. Check loose structure. Check ship repair. Exchange anchor end links. After checking the link, pint asphalt for two layers and make marks.
- Third is windlass. Sprocket, cable stopper, chain wheel and hawse pipe should be at the same level. The weariness of every transmission gear shouldn’t exceed 10% of original thickness.
- Fourth is chain locker. When the anchor chain is pull out of chain locker, just clean the chain locker and check the condition of pumping appliance. Replace damaged liner, if it is necessary, smear concrete or paint again. Check the condition of anchor chain pipe.