Capstan winches include different types.
- According to driving force, capstan winch mainly includes electric capstan winch and hydraulic capstan winch.
- According to installation type, it can be divided into two types, horizontal capstan windlass and vertical capstan windlass.
Marine capstan winch, capstan anchor winch, electric capstan rope winch, warping capstan, boat capstan winch, all these winches have a common point, and they can be used for anchoring and towing ship stably and firmly. Capstan winch is a good choice, it can save much energy, increase efficiency and improve working condition.
Aimix, a reliable and professional marine winches manufacturer in China, produces various types of boat windlasses for sale, such as anchor mooring winch, towing winches, capstan windlass, best electric boat anchor winch, good anchor windlass, hydraulic anchor windlass for sale, horizontal anchor windlass, boat power winch and other styles.
Buy Aicrane capstan winches for lower price and higher safety !
Loading capacity: 0.5 ton- 30ton
Wire rope capacity: customized
Rope dia: ø11mm – ø60mm or customized
Working speed: ≥8m/min or customized
Driven type: electric
Get a Free Quote
Uses and types of the current maritime capstan winches
Even though shipboard technologies have advanced tremendously during the period of centuries, many of the jobs sailors have to accomplish are unchanged. It has resulted in a particular consistency in the design of many bits of marine equipment, and also the venerable capstan is really a prime example. You can find brand-new, high-tech capstans reliably performing the identical duties their manually-operated forebears handled in the age of sail.
The way the term “capstan” has changed
There is often some confusion on the different words employed to describe shipboard handling equipment according to their function and design. The truth that the terminology has changed along with the technology doesn’t help matters, either. While there is still some overlap with the similar terms “windlass” and “winch,” a contemporary capstan is distinct from the two relations. Each of them perform the same sort of work, nonetheless they handle it differently.
A capstan differs from a windlass as it runs using a vertical axis rather than a horizontal one. Capstans and windlasses are generally distinguished from winches as they are used strictly for moving ropes and lines, not storing them. This means that a line drawn in by a boat capstan is stored elsewhere, not around the capstan itself.
Advantages and uses of a capstan
While horizontal windlasses are actually much more common than vertical capstans for shipboard line-handling, there are specific benefits of the capstan’s design that means it is suited for a few critical tasks. Capstans typically use up less deck space than windlasses of the similar capacity. Additionally, they apply more torque to lines, leading them to be well-suitable for critical applications like handling anchor lines. Above all, capstans are capable of handling lines arriving from your direction.
As noted above, capstans are usually fitted to manage anchor lines. Their all-angle capability makes it possible to handle multiple anchors using a single piece of equipment even when their lines arrive on deck from different points. Capstans also make excellent general-purpose line handlers for this reason a capstan might be employed immediately and without using any supplementary equipment to regulate line angles.
Coming from a maintenance standpoint, capstans offer both advantages and drawbacks. The vertical design usually places the operating equipment below deck, where it’s protected from the weather.This below-deck equipment might not be an easy task to access, though, and it’s often in an section of the ship (e.g. the forepeak or chain locker) which is not particularly healthy for machinery.
Although a number of vessels still mount historical capstans created for manual operation, the overwhelming most of marine capstans make are mechanized to offer more power better. Self-contained electric capstans are typical on smaller vessels. Larger capstans which need to manage heavier lines on big ships tend to be powered through the vessel’s own hydraulic or pneumatic systems, though.
While they’re will no longer the most typical tool utilized for serious line handling jobs at sea, vertical capstans still have a vital role to experience in modern sailing. This is on account of the unique benefits of their design which are impossible to replicate in other types. Remarkable ability to take care of lines at any angle as well as their compact overall footprint both guarantee that capstans continues to take pleasure from regular use on ships and boats of any size.
Details about capstan winches parts
- First is relay transmission. It receives signal from remote control. Its internal part is the whole circuit that can change motor direction.
- Second is motor. The inner part has a direct currency motor. The capstan is also equipped with a cool fan to avoid capstan too hot.
- Third is rope guider. If a certain angle is needed for rope, rope guider can guide rope to drum directly. If it has roller, it can be called roller rope guider.
- Fourth is rope drum. Rope drum and cylinder block have a common point, they are driven by electric motor. Changing direction through pushing remote control button. Rope of heavy capstan is weighty, thus the drum is bigger.
- Fifth is clutch. It is responsible for opening and closing cable drum. It is controlled by a simple handle.
- Sixth is remote control. Worker can control rope far way. Remote control has two types, one is wired remote control, and the other is wireless remote control. Customers can choose suitable type according to practical needs.